Tuesday, May 28, 2013

S A L I*

I refuse  dawn broke efflux
cadaverous moon, looking worried
morning
shivering mist whipped up from the tip
silencing at the top of the sky and hills 

choke air
I closed my ears
no longer heard a child crying
hunger and thirst
father was a stocky and powerful
will not change hands like a whip
and whipping with vile
injure the gut
: When the pigs are paid as
bride on wedding day
a woman is a slave
life!
freedom dreams evaporate with fog
and pulled torn deserted

I wore stones as clothing
Today, I left sali * in
the edge of silence
wind rammed his body
on the surface of the water times
call me wave
: "Come on, I'd been waiting day death!"
rejecting the pain from the brink
my body light as cotton, toppled
and drift
I pick you up brink of destiny, doom doors kutembus
I came on a
exemption ....

* Sali: Dani women traditional clothes

A note on the way to Wamena
February 1994


No comments: