Saturday, April 2, 2016

N E I G H B O R S

When that family have a new house in the neighbourhood I live, I stared with wonder. Although the stilt houses made of wood just like the other house, but seem more brilliant, because oil paint glistening in soft colours. The trees are already growing around it as if a small forest. The family has a terrace planted with flowers, a pool that gives a sense of calm when seen and household facilities are complete. I never saw the contents of the house, but when viewed from the outside I suspect, the house was equally good with a view outside. Occupants of the house is a father, a mother and two teenage children were handsome. The mother we know as Mrs. Myra is very friendly, she often gave us, kids snacks and confectionery. On Christmas day she first  been giving pocket money before around town to visit colleagues. There are times when she was a  Christmas gift before that day arrives, a simple gift, but make the recipient feel flattered. Me and my friends  never spoke with the father and the children, they were too busy with the daily routine and forget the little things with the neighbour, but Mrs Myra always  smile or give little money for us to buy a soft drink.
Years went by, suddenly I never again see the father in the house. I think he is going to agencies outside the region, but he just instantly come then disappear until the next year. Finally, I know the father has moved the task in his hometown for a better career. At home it is now only a mother with two children, Mrs Myra still often share snacks with kids around this neighbourhood. The following year a handsome teenage boys did not look well at the house. He has graduated high school, should immediately go to the university where the mother to college. At home that left two people, the atmosphere was a bit crowded, because the comrades of the youngest still frequently come to play or learn together. Myra's mother still shared the dish during the birthday celebration of the youngest, our neighbours well. The following year seemed Mrs Myra preparing usher youngest and his friends to the airport, the time for the second child to college, leaving the mother alone. The house seemed so quiet. On the morning of Mrs Myra As a rule such as watering plants while cleaning the whole house and then went to the office, she would take a rest during the day and then to the office again and return in the afternoon. She alone, but was too busy to think, that in the overseas. I do not understand why Mrs. Myra did not accompany her husband, she seemed to love the place this task over her love for her husband. I was too young to understand, or I did not have to understand. Since Mrs Myra alone getting close to the neighbour's children, she gives the entire meal over at her house. On holidays she cooked a variety of menus, she does not let the rest of the food is wasted in the trash, she shared a meal in a basket in the warm. Giving it causes the children happy unimaginable. As the children play around the house one will get the call to receive a basket, candy, guava or biscuit. I do not see why one could so happy to see the kids, maybe because I am still a child, has not been able to see one point of view from a different angle than the things I can afford to see from where I am standing. Time kept pace can never be stopped, stay home mother Myra initially looked lovely slowly turned into an old house and the older the woman however was always trying to take care of her. Likewise, Mrs Myra age, I still remember the first days when she was a young woman, but who would that be against the clock? Age everyone will eventually get old. One day when I was home on holiday from Timika, I found her house in a closed state. I guess Mrs Myra on duty outside the area or visiting children in college place. For days the house was empty without life until finally seem strange faces who settled in the house. Alien face was never reprimanded children, travelling to shake hands on a Christmas or share a meal with the kids. Where Mrs Myra?One evening I sat on the side of the house, waiting for the impossible Mrs. Myra face will emerge from behind the door, calling my name to give a toast, guava, oranges, or a basket of food warm. True hope is vain, coming out from behind the door is a face strangers who are busy with personal affairs, he did not know me as I had never known him. I am not sure to feel the loss of up to mama asked, "Who are you waiting for Bernard?" She seemed to understand the meaning of his gaze."Where is actually Mrs Myra?" I asked hesitantly."When you vacation in Timika, Mrs Myra take leave, she moved the task to place their children in college. She felt the weight part with children ", the answer mama accidentally pinching heartburn, I did not think Mrs Myra would leave the neighbourhood is faster than the overall term. I feel ashamed when I realized this pair of eyes glazed, it appropriate for a boy wept neighbours. I do not entirely understand what actually happens in a person's life in such a close distance, each heart is always filled with mystery. I may not uncover the mystery. I just stared at the old house with a feeling of emptiness, I wish we had time to shake hands as a farewell?"Bernard, everything is limited in time, there are times when people can be neighbours, there are times when a good relationship was over. Kids definitely lost, there is no longer a mother who used to distribute food, "mama as if she knew the meaning of a sense of loss, she tried to comfort, hold so that the tears did not fall on the cheek. Mama also know the meaning of separation, especially a sense of loss. Until a few days I always see the outside of the house, Mrs Myra, with a sense of vacuum, is there we will meet again although no longer as a neighbour? I do not know, I can not even answer that question. Myra's mother returned home, in a place so far away that only I can see in the map. I do not know how to reach it, I have not longer grow as men. One day I attended a classmate who are accustomed to go to internet cafes, I want to know what actually appears on the monitor, so that people can depend on social media. When Luke opened the dashboard facebook, I see the profile of Mrs Myra, in the background is a photo with two handsome young men, they are definitely her son. Then Mrs Myra picture was sitting among the flowers while holding a book. "Luke, it FB Mrs Myra, can I contact her?""Yes, there is a message that will you deliver?" Lukas asked."Yes, I would like to thank goodbye", appeared a piece of hope to say goodbye even without face to face. Lukas clicking Mrs Myra profile, send a friend request then click on the message, open space to write the words, "Write your message ...."With hesitation and stutter, I  hit the keyboard, I was actually afraid, but I really wanted to give words to Mrs Myra:


Mother Myra good afternoon, how are you? I'm sorry if I sassy send a message. I Bernard, a neighbour boy in the back of the house which often receive cakes and snacks from the mother. My friends using the account, because it has not got a FB. When they come home from Timika to my surprise, the motherhouse had been empty, I guess mom agencies out of the area, but mama says, mother mutation to the college kids. Now living new neighbours were not too I know. If I could give farewell, but not why. Time always limit everything, I'm glad we've neighbourly though I was just a boy. If you have time to visit the place of duty, I hope the mother is willing to stop by the house. Greetings from all the kids in our neighbourhood, happy family mother never knew ....

 Expectations are very small, that this message will get a reply, but soon when opening messages. I was shocked, apparently, Mrs Myra is online and instantly receive messages I send, she immediately replied to the message anyway.

Good afternoon Bernard too, but here it is daytime. Mother Myra surprise your message, Bernard's mother had forgotten about us as a family. Sorry, mom could not take leave, because, at that time Bernard invisible, mama says Bernard No holiday to Timika. True mothers return faster than the overall period, heavy-duty split with children. Bernard smart school can be scholarships for higher education, can also pay a visit to our house. True-time limit everything, but the longest time span even can not erase the memory of one of the presence of another person. Hopefully Bernard family has always been in the shadow of his greeting back to all my friends ....


 I did not linger in internet cafes, the heart feels relieved after you may contact Ms Myra, though only through short messages. In the west the sun is more inclined in the dim light at dusk boundary, fresh green leaves of golden moonlight. Step legs feel lighter when I walk home. I had to learn to mature to understand the sense of loss, that an introductory meeting or how beautiful will always end in separation, nobody can resist the time ....

No comments: